Nerja is located 50 km east of Malaga. (45 mins by car or bus)
Nerja is a charming, genuine and beautiful Andalusian small town with whitewashed walls, palm trees, colorful flower groups and wrought iron. The city is located between the Sierra Almijara and the Mediterranean. The city’s location offers stunning views of both mountain and sea.
There is everything from good food, culture, and small hidden beaches and cozy mountain villages. Nerja is also famous for its friendly residents. You can feel safe, where and when you go around the city.
In the center of town is the Balcony of Europe, which is a medieval fortification and extensions to the sea, which in the 1800s was converted into a pedestrian precinct. Historically, Nerja has been a resident of both the Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Romans and Moors.
The area around Nerja offers a lot of beautiful scenery where you both can hike, bike, climb and dive mm. Nerja is also only 1.5 hours from the ski resort of Sierra Nevada. There are also excellent golf courses nearby.
Nerja have got something for everyone!
When you are going on a holiday to Nerja we can recommend that you hire a car to get the most out of your holiday. When you are going to rent a car we can recommend two options:
Option 1 Malaga Car
You can choose Malaga Car. They have in general a lower price image but has a slightly higher deductible on the insurance and is 3 minutes drive from Malaga airport. They pick you up at the airport in a shuttle bus, and when you leave the car with them, they drive you back to the airport with their shuttle bus. They have mostly new and nice cars and plenty to choose from at great prices.
How it works to hire at Malaga Car:
- You book the car on their website www.malagacar.com home (in good advance in the high season)
- When you arrive Malaga airport and goes out into the arrival hall you will see a person in orange T-shirt that leaves a ticket to you and you will then go out to their pick-up for their shuttle bus, they pick you up every 15 minutes.
- You come to Malaga Car and here you have a your passport, flight ticket, driving license and credit card (you pay here a refundable deposit of 1000 Euro on the car)
- You pick up the car and the car has a half-full tank (and then you leave the car empty) and drive to Nerja
- When you are going home, you will leave the car back in the same place at Malaga car and they drive you then with there shuttle bus to the departure hall at Malaga Airport.
Option 2 Avis, Hertz, Europcar
You choose one of the well known car rental companies, they are located at Malaga Airport and have their car garage inside the airport. They generally have a higher price but a lower deductible on the insurance. It works like this:
- You book the car on their website from home.
- Link: Avis
- Link: Hertz
- Link: Eurocar
- As soon as you have collected your luggage at Malaga Airport you follow the green arrows on the floor, “Rent a Car” and goes directly down to the Rent a Car department.
- You pick your car up from their garage at the airport.
- You leave the car back to the same garage when you are going home.
Directions to Burriana Beach
The nearest road to Burriana Beach from Oasis de Capistrano area is:
Distance: approximately 600 meter from Oasis de Capistrano
1. Walk through the Oasis de Capistrano area and out to the aqueduct as shown on the below picture.
2. Follow the road along the aqueduct down to the Burriana Beach.
3. Just follow the main track and do not turn off on any smaller paths.
4. You will see a staircase in front of you, follow this down to the Burriana Beach.
5. Have a nice day at the Beach!
The nearest road down to Burriana Beach from Urbanisation Alhambra area is:
Distance: approximately 1800 meter from Urbanisation Alhambra area
1. Follow the map above down to the Oasis de Capistrano area
2. From here follow Oasis de Capistrano direction above to the Burriana Beach
3. Have a nice day at the Beach!
Directions & Transport to Nerja
Nerja is approximately 55 km from Malaga airport (45 min drive)
Means of Transportation
1. Hire Car:
You take the easiest way to the apartment by renting a car at Malaga Airport, then you also get the most out of your vacation. The roads are good and meet European standards. We can also recommend Malagacar.com located 5 minutes from the airport and offers a service to pick up and drop at the airport. Or if you would like to use ex Avis, Hertz or Europcar that are major players in Malaga Airport.
If you choose to go by taxi from Malaga Airport to Nerja, it will cost you approximately 65-75 euros each way, It is an advantage to book from home before departure. We can here recommend the taxi company nerjataxis.com or nerjataxis.net
If you want to go by bus to Nerja, take the first shuttle bus from the airport to Malaga bus terminal. At the bus terminal you go to the ALSA counter and buy tickets to Nerja. The buses usually go from stop 38.
Link to buss timetables are available here.
Road Directions to the property from Malaga Airport
You find the directions to each of our rental properties under each property on our webpage, under directions.
Our Rental Policy
Included in the rent of the property:
- Bed Linnen and Shower towels, one set per person. (Bring your own Beach towels)
- Air conditioning for the entire rental period, cool in the summer heat in the winter
- Power and Water consumption, (not long term rental if not agreed)
- Wireless Internet access
- Cable TV
- Free parking place for car in Oasis and Alhambra area.
- Final cleaning (Note: General reset/cleaning of the tenant)
Payment terms and conditions on booking of property:
- First deposit payment of 30% of the rental amount is made upon booking of the property.
- The final payment of the rental amount payable 60 days before arrival date.
Property Damage Deposit:
- The damage deposit amount will be blocked on your card 5 days before your check-in date, so please make sure that you have the damage deposit amount available on your card at least 5 days before check-in date.
- After our personal have checked the property your damage deposit will be refunded to your card automatically 7 days after your check-out date
Personally liable for the property:
- Minimum age to rent a property is 27 years
- The person who is responsible for booking the property is also personally responsible that the property is returned in the same condition it was picked. Should damage or missing equipment or similar occur, the responsible tenant will also pay the full amount of replacing, repairing the damage including any craftsmen cost.
In case of cancellation:
- Cancellation that is made more than 60 days before departure date, we pay back half of the paid amount of the rental.
- If cancellation is made less than 60 days before departure date, there will be no refund of the paid amount.
Pets and Smoking:
- Pets are not allowed into the property.
- Smoking is of course completely prohibited in the property and terrace.
Cleanliness of the property:
- Final cleaning included in the rental price.
- Dish washing and general site preparation are not included in the final cleaning.
- If the tenant haven’t done the general site preperation of the property, so that the cleaners need to spend time on dish washing or reseting the property, this will be charged against the deposit.
Nerja has a microclimate that makes the weather very stable, with 320 sunny days a year. The area around Nerja is favored by, what meteorologists like to call, a micro-climatic bubble. The coastline eastward between Nerja and Motril are called the Costa Tropical. This is because it is only here in Europe that you can grow tropical plants.
In the Nerja area a range of fruits and vegetables such as lemon, orange, grape, mango, sugar cane, almond, chirimoya, olives and avocados are cultivated.
Nerja town name comes from the Arabic Narixa which means “source” or “abundance of water”, Nerja is a natural catchment area of the surrounding mountains, the Sierra Almijara. Mountains also provides another benefit, they protect the area against the cold winds from the north. All this means that the area, especially in winter, has Europe’s best and most stable climate, and it is very green compared to many other areas around the coast.